At zeNPO, you will be working on the first fully integrated solution that connects charities and other nonprofits to people. Your work will support the important missions of our customers to help people, animals and the environment.
In the first 30 days you will be reviewing the existing application code and architecture; working with the head of engineering to identify and prioritize improvements; and familiarize yourself with the code by assisting the team in resolving defects. Day to day responsibilities will include: translating requirements into architectural models; breaking down and estimating increments of work; performing code reviews; identifying continuous improvement opportunities in technology and processes; building new features; improving existing features; refactoring existing code; resolving defects; and leading discussions and training sessions.
- 5+ years of MVC experience using frameworks such as: Laravel/Lumen and Spring Boot.
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, extending, and maintaining service-oriented applications (microservices) with expert knowledge in: idempotent asynchronous message based communication; 12 factor app methodology; and container orchestration and deployment to an AWS cloud environment.
- 5+ years of designing, implementing, extending, and consuming RESTful APIs
- 4+ years of designing, implementing, extending, and maintaining a SaaS based application with expert understanding of: multi-tenant design; tenant isolation; self-service; personalization; security; and compliance and regulation.
- 3+ years leading a team of up to 7 engineers by assessing and defining best practices and enforcing their implementation through code reviews; seeking out opportunities for continuous improvement; and taking an active role in mentoring the team by leading discussions and conducting training sessions.
- DevOps experience such as Infrastructure as Code with Terraform; CICD tools such as GitlabCI or Jenkins; Monitoring and logging with ELK, Nagios, Graylog, etc.
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Converting a monolithic application to microservices by identifying service boundaries
- Experience working on multiple microservice and SaaS applications
High verbal and written proficiency in English
BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Flexible hours
- Remote work available
- New computer and external monitor of choice
- Budget for learning material
- Access to free cafe
- Centralized office location
- Generous paid time off
zeNPO supports the missions of nonprofits with simple, integrated and affordable technology. At zeNPO you’ll put your skills to work supporting great causes while you enjoy the company of teammates dedicated to a higher purpose. To learn more about the company visit zenpo.com.
zeNPO is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org